Monday 17 March 2014

Moments Canvas - Nadia Cannizzo

 Good morning! I am here today to share with you a cute little storage box I altered for The Dusty Attic. 

The Dusty Attic have a HUGE website.. it includes:
Product Gallery HERE
The ning site and gallery HERE

The blog HERE



To start with , I painted the whole wooden box with 2 coats of Gesso. 

Once that dried, I applied 2 coats of Dusty Attic's Navajo White paint. 

I then used an old Tattered Angels mask and Modeling Paste to create the pattern you can see. 


 I then used the smaller pieces of the  Flourish Frame Set, and painted them with Gesso too before applying 2 blue tones of Tim Holtz Distress Stain. When that dried, I added some more colour to the chipboard with a brush and a new product I have tried recently called Viva Decor Precious Metal Colour in Turquoise . This gives it a lovely deep colour and a bit of shine and shimmer. 
As you can see above, I also used the Turquoise colour on some of the flowers. 





The roses I used here are also from Dusty Attic. They are 1.5cm Roses. I simply added some Viva Precious Metal Colour on them too. 


 Besides the Dusty Attic Roses I added some Prima Marketing larger flowers and some Dusty Attic Bridal Veil blooms. 


The Dusty Attic Materials List
 Chipboard: Flourish Frame Set (DA1035)
Paint: Dusty In Colour Navajo White(DA0903) 
Flowers: Dusty In Bloom Bridal Veil (DA0805), Dusty Roses 1.5cm White (DA0971)


 

Find Me Here...
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and textures - beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous little box, love the color!!

    ReplyDelete