Sunday 30 November 2014

Sweet - Helena Johansson (with a tutorial)

Hi there! This layout is my take on the November sketch - a beautiful sketch that I had so much fun interpreting!
 
I have lots of Dusty Attic chipboard on this one:
 
Scroll #8 (DA0626)
Decorative Scroll #2 (DA0206)
Vine Border (DA0459)
Flutterbies #2 (DA0713)
Birdcage #5 (DA0678)
Word Pack #4 (DA1077)
 
I have a little tutorial further down on how I painted the scrolls.
 
 
Papers are from Maja Design.
 
Here's the sketch:
 
 
And of course, I have lots of close-ups:
 




 
The "sweet" chippie was painted white, then misted with light green mist and finally I added Clear Gloss Varnish (DA0901) on it.




 
Here's how I painted the scrolls. On the photos you see the smaller ones from the Scroll #8 set, but I have used the same technique on the larger one, and on the decorative scrolls.
 
 
First, I painted the scrolls with white gesso. I have then used two different kinds of embossing powder (Mix'd Media Inx) - colors Jasmine and Leather. I have used Emboss gloss as glue.


 
After the gesso had dried I covered almost the entire chippie with emboss gloss, sprinkled Jasmine embossing powder on it and then dried with my heat gun. This gives a great texture to the chippie!


 
My next step was to add emboss gloss only to the edges, and then sprinkled embossing powder, color Leather, on top. This powder is brown at first, but after heating it turns into a bronze color - very cool!


 
A couple of close-ups on the scrolls:




 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
xoxo
Helena
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment